A Complete Food Delivery App Development Guide For Startups
Table of Contents
There is no better way than embracing technology with the basic necessities of life for a better outcome, and one such great example is food delivery apps.
With rapid innovation, ideas, and a chance to win customers, businesses are investing in projects that can help them connect with the users with just a couple of clicks. Taking the same idea into the stream of food, we can admit that the last couple of years have seen many on-demand food delivery services launch.
Well, the following figures will help you get a better idea.
According to Statista:
- The cumulative revenue from the same kind of applications was $22,073 Million
- By 2023, this revenue stream will increase to $31,413 Million
According to Elluminati Inc:
- More than 58% of customers prioritize convenience over anything else.
If you plan to invest your money into the food delivery application, it is crucial to understand some of its basics. Here we’ve prepared a complete guide that can help make a successful food delivery mobile app.
How to Win Over the Market?
Some think that the food delivery application market has reached satiety. However, as a well-experienced food delivery app development company we know there is room for innovation.
In this segment of creating a food ordering app, we’ll start with the market research and discovery phase.
1. Market Analysis
- For how to develop a food delivery app and succeeding, market analysis is the thing that helps you understand what is trending in the market and what is its current requirements in the market. This will also make you understand the competitors and their tricks to lead in the market and know the users’ needs.
- By thoroughly analyzing the market, you will definitely come up with the right idea to help your app lead in the market. Gather all the data on the table and come up with the final decision.
2. Courier Services
- For effective results and to help users, it is good to partner with the courier’s delivery services. Encourage the hard work and dedication they are making for your service, reward them salary hikes or something else, and offer them flexible working schedules too.
- This, as a result, makes the courier delivery employees happy while strengthening the partnership with your customers.
3. Attract Your Customers
- The next step to making your app lead in the market is to keep attracting users. You have to be sure of how to engage and let them come back to the app, entice them with fresh features & functionalities, give them deals & discounts, and so on.
- Keep working on the mobile app, fix any sort of issues in the app, and you are good to go with enticing users.
Integrate These Robust Features in Your On-Demand Food App
1. Customer’s App
This helps customers find the food menu, find the list of nearby restaurants, make secure payments, share feedback/reviews and check the real-time location of the delivery agent. Following features should be included in the customer’s app:
- Order placement
- Search filter
- Real-time tracking
- Payment gateway integration
- Real-time visibility
- Reviews and ratings
2. Delivery Driver’s App
Delivery driver’s app can enable the delivery agent to check the user’s location, find the shortest route, accept or reject delivery requests, and update the delivery status on the app. Following features are what makes a delivery driver’s app complete:
- GPS map integration
- Signup or login
- User profile
- Notification alert for new orders
- Manage numerous deliveries
3. Admin Panel
The app owner can keep track of transactions that take place on the app. This panel helps the admin manage everything by tracking customer’s actions, editing menus, payment transactions, promoting the latest offers, and tracking driver’s activity. Ensure you keep the below features in the admin panel:
- Real-time updates
- Manage orders
- Monitoring performance
- Payment and commission management
4. Restaurant Panel
This panel helps restaurant owners manage tasks such as editing the food listings, order management, prices, latest offers, updating product availability, and resolving customer queries related to products and restaurants. Following features should be there in the restaurant panel:
- Manage orders
- Add products
- Accept or reject orders
- Track payments
- Customer support
- Order reports
Are you ready To Develop a Successful On-Demand Food Delivery Mobile App?
It’s no secret that people always go after what brings them comfort and convenience! You should be clear about your customer’s demands and requirements.
Let’s discuss your queries related to the food delivery mobile app development project.
Need any more information? Reach out to our app development team today!